Monday, February 24, 2014

How To Recycle and Re-purpose on Saint Patrick's Day

Right now, we are experiencing what I like to think of as a high tide of holidays. Let's be fair. We just passed Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and St. Valentines Day. Low and behold, here come St. Patrick's day! Pretty soon the Easter Bunny will make a u-turn and on and on it goes. 

So while I'm all about going green, I do have to consider my own "greens" if you know what I mean. So how much money would I like to spend this holiday?


In that respect, good old St. Patty has made my choice pretty easy, since personally, this holiday is at the bottom of my budget list.  


With that said, it challenges me to scrounge up at least a few St. Patty's Day trinkets at a low-to-no-cost


Here's what I found:


1. These cute little accessories can jazz up the day - St. Patty's Day Champagne Cork Earrings! Why not follow the link, open the blog and make them yourself? 


Photo Cred: MakeItEasyCrafts


2. Are you having hosting a St. Patty's Day party? Why not save some trees and send your invitations via e-mail or text!

3. Here's one of my favorite finds. 
Green Beverage Bottles Used as St. Patrick's Day Lights Why not fill them up with white Christmas lights and create a fun and funky string of ambient lights?


Photo Cred: PolandTrips.co.uk

Drape it on your porch, place it on your window sill or just display it as the center piece on your table and hey, it's green!

4. Here's another idea I fell in love with! A 

St. Patrick's Day Mantel. Now like I said before, this is not really a holiday I want to spend any money on, but look at this bloggers inexpensive and neat way of dressing up this holiday!

Two Yellow Birds Decor cleverly accessorized and repurposed some old picture frames, beans and clear vases to achieve this very St. Patty's Day motive. Why not try it for yourself?

Or share your tips!


Photo Cred: Two Yellow Birds Decor

At a low-to-no-cost, you can have some flashy earrings, kick-ass ambient light and a mantel or table that says you are ready to celebrate! 

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment