Monday, February 24, 2014

How Can I Get My Kids Excited About Recycling?

Kids love to learn and get involved in projects. This is my experience with my own two toddler sons. They absolutely love being helpful, (partly because they know they may receive a small reward) and they love arts and crafts. 

Therefore, every time I do my shopping, I let the boys help me toss out and recycle the empty cereal and snack boxes. They usually have the option of flattening the boxes and wheeling it over to the recycle bins, or they can try to reuse them.


I've found Pinterest  to be a lifesaver! With hundreds of tutorials for virtually anything "crafty" you can imagine, it's a great place for any parent to create boards and collect information, arts and crafts your little ones are really interested in.


Check out these awesome Can-Do-Robots! How cute are they! Every little boy's dream and every parent's dream come true because they come with their instructions. 


Photo Cred: FamilyFunMagazine

So while you're working on your arts and crafts project, the tots are learning about recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment